Sunday, March 29, 2009

First Update

Hey guys! I wanted to use this blog as an update for everyone on how life is going at St. Judes Research Hospital. I plan to put frequent updates on my status and hopefully post some fun(key word) activities around Memphis.
For a quick background, when I was 9 years old I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. I went through 2 ½ years of treatment, and after many rounds of chemo, I went into remission. At age 14, I relapsed sending me back to St. Judes. After beating it once again, I enjoyed a normal life. I’ve been attending college at Brigham Young University in Idaho. This past year, I started the nursing program. It was my newly acquired knowledge from my nursing studies that made me recognize my initial symptom of my relapse: an enlarged spleen. So, now I’m back at St. Judes doing this a 3rd time. This time, I’m going to have a bone marrow transplant. So, I’ll do chemo/ radiation to get rid of the cancer cells, and then I’ll have the transplant. Luckly, my oldest sister Melissa is a perfect match, so she will be my donor. For now, I’m hanging in there and plugging right along. I want to thank everyone for their support, love, and prayers. Knowing how many people I have behind me, makes an immense difference!

25 comments:

McKenzie said...

Oh Linds, I'm grateful for technology and that we can all keep in touch this way! Love you lots!!!!

mistylacey said...

hey girl hope you are doing well i hate you have to go through this agai but i am praying for you and i know you can get through this with god by your sid e love ya girl will keepp in contact
misty lacey

Pitcherpost said...

Lindsey - I can't wait to see you, I'm counting down the days! 10.5 to be exact. I love you. Do you like your header?

Running Queen said...

Lindsay-
Its good to know whats going on best of luck with everything love you tons
Megan G

Christi said...

Lindsay,
I am glad that you are doing a blog so we can keep in touch with you! I know you will beat this round again. You are always in our prayers. Good Luck,
Christi (Tatanish) Graham

Leanne Gruwell said...

Hello Lindsey,

Thanks for writing and keeping us in the know. It is really nice to know all that diligent study paid off and you could tell you needed to get more help. You are a great person and I am praying for you and your family every day.

You do have a lot of people thinking, praying and supporting you! We love you!

Danielle said...

Lindsey Gruwell!! I miss you and love you tons! I'm glad we'll be able to keep in touch with you! I will most definitely send you pictures of Ireland! You are wonderful! Lots of love,
Danielle

Dana said...

I'm glad that you are such a fighter! I hope the treatment goes well, we are thinking of you and your family.

La Familia Young said...

Lindsay, I don't think I've met you but I sure have seen pictures of you and know who you are! Your cousin Hunter and I love you and are praying for you. You are such a trooper. I cannot even imagine what I would do if I were in your shoes. Keep up the good fight :) Keep us posted.
Rosa and Hunter Young

BusyMama said...

Lindsey, I don't know if we ever officially met, but I've known Melanie since we were roomies at BYU. I just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. You're amazing!

Unknown said...

Lindsey I am so glad you have a blog! Great idea! We all love you and your family dearly!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
I love fasting and praying for you! As everyone already said, we love you and you are WONDERFUL!
The Iversons

The Friday's said...

Lindsey,Well, Girl you know how to keep things a little too interesting. I'm going to let you pick whichever doll you want from my collection as soon as you can-whichever one I mean it. Love you, Don't you have a birthday coming up????? Love, Sis. Friday

msbookite said...

lindsey,

i am so glad you started this, i've been getting updates from amber and others but it's great to hear your "voice" and see yet again what a wonderful person you are. we miss you and wish you the best. you are in our prayers every day, both tyber and evaleigh include you in theirs as well. hugs to you!!

Sepp said...

Thank you for being willing to keep us all posted. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Love, The Sepps

Anonymous said...

Boy, do you know how to lift up the world! Your message sounded like the wonderful Lindey we know. All we know to do is fast and pray. We love you.
The Caughmans, Cathy and Wayne

Ramblings from the Wrights said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bela said...

Hey beautiful!
Thanks for doing this blog for us. I don't feel that far away now! We love you lindsey loo. We know you can beat this yet again. Big hugs going your way!!!

celeste said...

Hi Lindsey- So glad we can keep up and stay in touch through the blog world. Sending lots of prayers, love and positive thoughts your way.

celeste said...

Emilee says she's sending a big hug your way too. Hope you can feel it!

Rebekah said...

Hey Lindsey!
I'm so excited about your blog! I'm glad we can keep in touch that way. My whole family sends their love and support. Keep your chin up! You are in our thoughts and prayers constantly. You'll kick this thing once again...three is a charm, right?! :) We love you!
Love,
Rebekah Seely and the whole Wolfe pack!

Jillybins said...

This is the first time I have blogged so I hope I am doing it right. I even posted my picture. Stay strong and I know that I will be up at some point to visit you and your mom.

audrey said...

lindsey--it's been ages since i last saw you, but i've heard the most amazing things about you over the years. your sisters adore you. they look up to you. and i can feel your example radiating in their lives. honestly. i hope you can feel all this good energy everyone's sending your way. you deserve it. hang in there...
love.audrey (bryant) miller

Jennifer Youngblood and Sandra Poole said...

Hey Lindsey,

The blog is a great idea. It helps us to feel connected with what's going on. You've been in our prayers since we've heard the news, and I know that you're going to beat this thing. I love the pictures and your beautiful smile.

Love,

Jennifer and Family

The Lovinger's said...

Hey Lindsey,

This is Cameron from the nursing program. I don't know if you remember me, I am one of those old alternate ones. I wish I could have got to know you better while you were here. Anyways, I just wanted you to know that my wife and I are fasting and praying for you, and we put your name on the prayer roll in the Spokane, WA and Rexburg temple. I hope all goes well with you treatment, and I will be keeping up on your to see how you are doing.

-Cameron and Hillary Lovinger