Why can’t I do things the normal, easier way? Ohh no, I like to do my “own things” and really make the doctors work for their money. So instead of just following my normal treatment plan, I like to add in a few detours.
In my previous post, I mentioned the large amount of tests I had done for transplant. Well, I learned the reason for these. On Friday afternoon, we received a call saying that in my MRI, they identified a mass in my left upper thigh. On Monday they would do more tests to figure it out. So, we were left all weekend to worry about the possibilities. Apparently several major departments at St. Jude talked back and forth trying to decide how to identify the mass and the best way to get rid of it.
On Monday I had an ultrasound and they found it was deep, down in the middle of my leg muscle and impossible to feel. After much deliberation, the doctors decided to take it out. To make it easy for the surgeon to find it, using ultrasound, they insert a needle into the mass. The surgeon followed the needle to the mass, so he could avoid any unnecessary cutting/larger incision. He identified the mass as an abscess (a pocket full of infectious material) about the size of a ping pong ball. Wheew, if I had to have a “mass”, hearing it was an abscess was the best thing. It was also good to know the infection was there, so it could be dealt with before transplant.
My leg was so sore that I looked like a great- grandma(complimentary to my mom who exclaimed , “no, you do not look like a grandma, especially since I move better than you… you are more like a great grandma!) I wish I had a video of me moving around and trying to get up. But, now that it has been a week since the surgery, I’m moving MUCH better.
So, after I complained about too many tests...I now need to eat my words. The tests are for a reason, and the MRI was a blessing in disguise. Now, I want them to scan my entire body, catch anything else….I want more tests!
7 comments:
Lindsey Lou, You are a joy. Always so positive. We love you & I agree with your Mom-Grandma's look & move pretty good these days. Love you, Judy Friday
Have you watched the old movie, Polyanna? I love her character. Because she played the glad game, she influenced everyone around her to be positive, good, and happy. When she had her most difficult challenge, what went around came around. It was her turn to be helped and uplifted. How wonderful you are able to see blessings.
Owwww. So sorry for the pain you are going through but at least you know it was for a good reason.
Wow! I am so glad to hear they were able to take care of that. You are in inspiration to us here. We are praying for you all. Give our love to everyone.
I'm glad you are staying positive and keeping us updated! We love you and are praying for you!
I am so happy to hear that it was only infection. I am out of surgery and recovery is going well so far. It is cool that we are going at the same pace with our surgerys. I have 12 more chemo treatments left, how about you? Good luck with evertying and I wish you the best!!! :)
fasted for you today. the one thing i can do for you from all the way down here. wish i could do a thousand more things. will be thinking of you and the rest of your family this week. lots of love, sweet girl.
Post a Comment