Sunday, October 18, 2009

I want to do it again.

Home has been going well. I’m enjoying going on walks down the street (would never consider doing in scary Memphis), being in my own surroundings, and enjoying fall. I had a check-up last week at St. Jude and everything looks good, except my liver enzyme level has increased. For those who are curious, my ALT normally runs around 26, however, this time it was 211. To me, that jump is a critical level, but they said 500 was critical. STILL, I think that is a big jump, obviously something not normal for me. The cause of the increased level is unknown, because their are many factors which would cause it to increase. So, they’re just watching the trend in my labs and my clinical symptoms. I have an appt this week, so hopefully it will be lower. On a somewhat better note, my T /B cells are starting to come back with help with immunity and fighting viruses. My T cells are at 150 and I need 400 to be able to take my mask off in public and go off my low bacteria diet. However, 3 weeks ago, my T cells were 140, so their not exactly "running right up there".

After my appt. we spent a day with Melanie, Zach, and Aubs. Then, we went to Birmingham to visit Melissa and her family. We were their almost 24 hours, then headed back home because my aunt and uncle came to town. We took them all around town.

Wow, this is the most socialization and freedom I’ve had for a long time. It was great to see my family, get out of the house, and “cheat” by walking around downtown (even though I wore my mask.) BUT, you have to realize that I'm basically like an old lady due to my limitations- I stay home, go on walks, and drive around. It’s too risky for me to be out in public since its flu season and my bone marrow is equal to a premature. But baby, my week of “freedom” was fantastic. I want to do it again! I just keep telling myselft a couple more months of this and then I'm free forever!



(this was taken at the beginning of Sept. but we just got copies of it)

7 comments:

Pink Hat Kayla G. said...

You are in my prayers and throughts .. you look awsome keep them t and b cells comming ..

Danielle said...

Hey Linds! It was good to hear from you the other day even if we did just discuss housing :) Way to keep a positive attitude! Soon enough you will be able to walk downtown all the time! I'm glad you are doing well. I don't know if they've told you but those crazy boys in Pines 56 (Matt, Ryan, and Eric) are all really glad that you are doing well too. You have a lot a fans all over the place who are really excited that you've been able to make it through this struggle. We love you, Lindsey!

Danielle

Tina said...

You are like a ray of sunshine! Your posts are always so positive. What a beauty!!!

The Friday's said...

Lindsey, You look great. we move into our new home around 10-29 ;so we'll have a clean place for you to visit while in Memphis. We are moving to Collierville. So hopefully we'll be seeing you soon. Love, The Fridays

BiblioBags said...

I know I already told you on facebook, but you look so beautiful. I'll be praying that those numbers kick up to where they need to be. Keep rocking!

Melissa Hodgen said...

Love the picture. So sassy! Of course we loved having you here and it was totally worth the drama that ensued when you exited. Thankfully it will be a few short days until we see you again and then a short time apart, then together, then short apart, then together, etc.

M said...

You look wonderful! I'm glad you had your "freedom" week. Enjoy the old lady lifestyle, it will be just for now.