On Friday, they had a party just for Target House residents. The theme was a “Carnival" Everything was set up to look like a carnival. It poured rain both days, but stopped in time for the parties to start. We were glad because they had worked all week setting things up. They even brought a carousel, the Target bulls eye dog, Barnum and bailey circus, The Beale Street Flippers (from America's Got Talent) and Blake Lewis(from American Idol) was there to perform on the stage that looked like a cake. Each activity area at the Target House is donated by a celebrity. They have the Amy Grant Music Room, the Shaun White Game room, Scott Hamilton excersize room etc. So, I met Amy Grant, Shaun White, Kimberly Williams-Paisley’s (star of According to Jim and wife of Brad Paisley, Brad was had concert that day). Unfortunately, Scott Hamilton was sick. It was a fun way to leave the Target House. Though I’m sad not to be seeing the friend’s I’ve made there(but I'll visit them during my monthly check ups). Between the partying and the packing we were exhausted by the time we got home. I have to say that nothing is better than home. Ahh, I love it…It’s amazing the beauty that surrounds my home inside and out. To anyone who’s never been to the south, you have to visit the eastern side of TN up towards the Smokey Mtn. So, needless to say, I think I’m going to be quite content being here in my own "bubble" for a couple months. Speaking of “bubble”, I finally have some B and T cells producing in my bone marrow! It's taken since May 29th to get the tiny bit, but atleast it's here now. Once they get to a certain level, I can be free! But, it will take several months to get to that point...like after Christmas. So until then, I’ll
be hanging out here, keeping
be hanging out here, keeping myself busy.


9 comments:
Wow!!! That really is going out with a bang! I'm glad you're home. I agree, Signal Mountain is one of the most beautiful places on earth. :) Keep those B and T cells coming!!!
I loved your post. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *TIMES A MILLION* happy you are home!!!!!!! :) As Dorothy once said, "There's no place like home..." I know you know how true that is!!!! I hope to see you REALLY SOON...I am usually home on the weekends, so let me know when we could get together!!!! I love you & admire you SO much!!!!
(That is SO cool you met Kimberly Williams-Paisley....was she sweet!? I love Brad! :) )
Wow Lindsey! What a journey, girl! You're my hero! Miss you tons!
It's so neat that St jude's and the target house put so much time into those things for you guys. I'm glad I got to enjoy so many of the perks while you guys were there! I can't wait to come visit you in chattanooga soon in the Appalachian mountains :) the rockies are maybe a little more westerly, like colorado, just maybe :)
okay this is melanie not zach, I didn't realize I was logged in as him
Im so glad you are home .. Thats great you look awsome .. Keep those t and b cells comeing ..
Love ya ..
Congratulations! We were so glad to hear that you are home, it is such a beautiful place and definitely the perfect place to recover. Give our love to all.
You are looking good! Feeling good, too, I hope?
Your blog is starting to look like the Who's Who of celebrity watchers. Still Keith wins my vote, but Steve thinks Mr. White (the flying tomato) wins.
Post a Comment