My parents obviously could sense this & sent me off to visit my sister in Birmingham. I drove 3 hrs(1st step of independence in months)and stayed for a couple days. My mom convinced my dad to let me go(he was obviously concerned as he said redundant things like,“if you run a fever or anything happens, call us.” I though, uhh duh, If I run a fever I have to be admitted to the hospital, in an unknown city, for antibiotics and why would I not call to tell you this big thing? I took his concern with appreciation for his love, and hit the road.
It wasn’t something specific that Melissa did that got me out of the dump. But, there is something about sisters that is amazing and irreplaceable. My sister, Melanie moved to Memphis (previously planned before my relapse) two months after I started treatment. People would ask me what I did for fun. Being in a limited environment(ex I’ve been in 3 stores since March), I would’ve said, uhh not really much. However, I had someone amazing each week to help me out. It was seeing Melanie several times a week. Even though we just laid there, talked and worked on small projects, it was just what I needed. Melissa was only 4 hours away and would visit frequently. It’s with my sisters that I can do absolutely nothing, but talk, and have the best time. Under other circumstances, I would have to go somewhere or do something to have a good time, but it’s different with them. I know amidst our trials, the Lord places things to help us along, we just have to “get out of our rut” and recognize them. It was part of His plan to have Melanie close and Melissa near bye. I think of how those 6 months away from home would’ve been like without them, and am grateful that they were there. Throughout these past couple months, I’ve grown even closer to them, and that’s something I’ll hold forever.
6 comments:
Oh Linds, you made me cry!
Shucks, I feel the same way. The Lord knew I NEEDED to be near you for my sake (the past two times).
It was a blessing to have you here last week (in addition to the fabulous turkey cupcakes you made). It was like my burdens were lifted and I had a moment to catch my breath before you left and I had to dive back into the stresses of life. Somehow having you around make me happy, always! I love you Linds!
I can't wait to see you in 3 days! We'll teach Dad to coupon! And thanks for choosing a good pic of me, because I know there aren't many!
Beautiful girls! There's nothing like sisters.
You are in my prayers love ya
Kayla Cabrera
Such a sweet post . . . and I love that picture of you guys! And, Melissa, shut-up, you're gorgeous. : )
Lidnsey,
You are an inspiration! That is so true about sisters. Mine are there for Anna and I. To just talk is awesome and you and your sisters are beautiful, inside and out! The Lord is good! Take care and see you soon.
Ann Marie Pike
Having my children all here right now for the holidays, I know what you mean about sisters and enjoying company without doing much. You are lucky to have such close sisters. Keep up the good cheer and your ability to see great blessings.
Melissa Bryant
Post a Comment