BUT, after a week of dwelling on the matter, getting over my pity phase, I’m fine now. I realize that my situation could’ve been much worse. Some people with graph vs host have symptoms in the GI track and can’t eat for several weeks till it heals. My symptoms were just increased liver enzymes, red skin, and mouth sores, which have all cleared up. Also, maybe this is just what I needed to kick this cancer.
With my last visit to St. Jude, it seemed like I found out more bad news concerning other kids I knew. I’m always excited to go back and visit all the friends I’ve met, but hate hearing about relapses. It made me evaluate my progress and each day I realize more and more how blessed I am. What did I do to be so lucky? Sure, my life is not always rose colored, but I have everything I could possibly need and much more. I’m so glad I don’t operate my life because I would’ve said, “oh no, please don’t give me that trial, I don’t think/want to handle that”. When in reality, I have grown so much from my trials. The Lord knows us, He knows what we can handle, and what we need to grow. While I may not have this attitude during the trial, in the end (not always immediate) I realize what I’ve gained. I am beyond blessed and have witnessed miracle after miracle in my life for which I am ever grateful.

9 comments:
You continue to be in my prayers linds! Your such a great example to me! You have such a great spirit!
Lindsey, this is a beautiful post. You are an inspiration to me. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
Love,
Judy Tatanish
I so needed that! Thanks for the uplift . . . we're still praying for you.
That is why you are so blessed...because you have the ability to not only bouce back, but gain some wisdom on the way.
No get on down to AL!
I love reading your blog! It's an uplift. You're pretty awesome. :) And always in my prayers!
Lindsey you are so amazing! I look up to you so much, thank you for being such a great example to me. I wish you could be here to finish the program with us. Know that you are in my prayers and that through the strength of the Lord you will be able to get through this.
p.s I started a blog! Crazy I know haha but you should check it out, it's not as good as yours though:) it's thenextstepforalli.blogspot.com
awww linds i love you! I think it's ok to occasionally have a little pity party for yourself, it's normal! I sometimes think you're not quite human with your amazing attitude! I'm so grateful too for the miracles we've seen in your life. you are awesome!
Lindsey,
You are a VERY SPECIAL GIFT FROM GOD! You truly are amazing. I hope you and your family have a WONDERFUL BLESSED holiday. Looking forward to seeing you guys when you come back.
Ann Marie and Anna
We're all so lucky to read your blog and feel your powerful spirit. You really are an inspiration to us all. You are a blessing.
Merry Christmas!!
Melissa Bryant
Post a Comment