Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halfway there

So, I realized I haven't posted in like ten years. Sorry, I've been busy, but realized that I'm halfway through the semester already!

This has been a great semester for several reasons. I'm learning Pediatric/OB nursing and love it! These are two areas that I've always known I wanted to go into. Enjoying the topics of class is a bonus when it comes to studying the material. It was a nice semester to come into the nursing program because it is a little more laid back than my past and future nursing classes. I enjoy this semester too because I'm not constantly stressed about juggling nursing and other classes. I love just doing doing nursing classes! I stay busy enough as it is(although I've heard next semester is much busier...oh joy).I love it when life is not stressful because I'm happier! My roommates are very sweet. My roommate and I are very alike in personality, so that's been nice. I'm going to miss her when she goes home next semester. It's so crazy that I only have 2 weeks till thanksgiving break which I will be flying home for my St. Jude appt. My doctor was nice and let me just get labs drawn here since I don't have time to fly home each month. After thanksgiving their are 3 weeks left in the semester! Wow, this semester is flying bye.

From here on out this semester, things are down hill. Yesterday, I completed the most stressful thing of each semester in nursing(yes, I just contradicted myself from what I said above about not being stressed, but this was just a few days of stress). I was so sure I failed "scenario" only to find out I got a 90%. I just wanted to take the minimum for passing which is a 75%(anything below that is considered failing) and "run with it" because I was sure I'd get lower. So that 90% made my day! Over and over, this has happened to show me that in the end it all works out. My parents always remind me of this when I call freaked out that I did bad.Yes, I am slow to permanently hold on in faith to this fact. It is such a great thing to know that I don't have to do all things by myself because I would fail. I have seen it over and over that through the help of my Savior, I can succeed.

Found a local ice cream parlor that is the best!!
Went apple picking at the colleges local apple orchard that is added to each semester by the agriculture classes.

How cool is that costume-the old man from the movie "Up" Halloween is always so fun to see how creative people are with costumes etc.

4 comments:

Job and Rachael said...

I am so glad you are getting settled and enjoying 3rd semester! Way to go with the 90% on scenario, that was the hardest and most stressful part of each semester for me!! :)
Keep moving forward, you are going to be one amazing nurse! :)

Cheryl Hobbs said...

Go Lindsey! You are such an inspiration and great example to me :)

Melissa Hodgen said...

So glad you don't have to do scenerios again! AND it's good to see you eat ice cream and ernjoy it! I'll have to share my applesauce recipe with you soon.

I can't wait to see you soon. It's hard to keep this little secret from the kids. I almost slipped when talking about Shannon's christmas dress. But I'm holden strong.

I'm so proud of you for jumping back into school. You always amaze me. Love ya like a sis!

M said...

Sounds like you're doing great. It's okay if you have long gaps in your blog...just means you're busy living. I'm glad this semester is going well for you and you're healthy.