Friday, September 17, 2010

The excitment from the past couple weeks

I'll start this post in order bringing you up to date on everything.

First, on Wednesday, August 25th at 10:05pm my brother returned from serving a 2 year mission as a representative from our Church. See here for more information on Missionary Work and his purpose in sharing the gospel message. As you already know, these past two years have been a little less than normal for me and my family. Through emails, letters and talking with him on Mother's Day and Christmas, we've kept him updated on life. But, needless to say, I was ecstatic to finally see him! He had 9 days to see everyone, pack, and head on the road to college. So, we packed as much as possible into those short couple of days.
Which, brings me to the second exciting event. I went swimming for the first time in 2 years!!! Due to my central line, I was not able to submerge it in water to avoid infection etc. I love the water! So, my sister, brother, and niece went swimming at a friends pool. It was so awesome to back in the water.

After a week of parties, seeing friends, family, packing etc. Me, Daniel, and my dad headed off for college. I survived the 30 hour road trip(2000 miles), although I was way ready to get out and walk around by the end. It actually wasn’t too bad as I studied nursing notes, visited with them, and slept. We arrived at BYU-Idaho on Labor Day. The next couple days were unpacking, shopping with the other billion mom/students at the 1 Walmart in town, meeting my sweet roommates, etc. On Wednesday, I started orientation for this new semester of nursing. I started out with a bang as Wednesday was orientation from 7-1, Th 7-5, and F 7-12. Then, I spent 4 hours in the nursing lab getting re-acquainted with various procedures/skills. Needless to say, by Friday night, I needed a break! Saturday, I worked on nursing all day since I had 5 assignments due the next week. I’ve said that if I didn’t know that nursing was my passion, I’d dropped out a long time ago because it is stressful and busy!

At this moment, things have slowed down a little to where I feel that I actually have 15 mins to write this post. Next week will be crazy again, but that’s nursing school. Overall, things are going well. I’m happy to be back up here, happy to have my brother 5 mins down the road, happy to see old friends, happy to finish this degree and start helping others.

My health seems to be doing well. My skin did not like the change from the humid weather of TN to dry Idaho. Dry skin can set off Graph vs host, so I have to be diligent on applying lotion. I’m holding off on going down on my immune suppressants till my body adjust and doesn’t freak out. I felt like I had a cold the second day of being here(It was freezing the first couple days) so I got some Vit C and it has done the trick! This past week, the weather has been cold in the morning and beautiful in the afternoon! It must know I love the sun! I’m savoring up these beautiful days because any day it could be freezing!

8 comments:

Melissa Hodgen said...

Girl, you've been so busy I can't believe you posted. I am shamed and will try to get one out soon too.

Love the pics of Daniel coming home and you swimming. It's wonderful and refreshing to see you back in the water. I found out that I can bring a guest 3 times to the Ymca, so if you ever come, we'll go swimming.

Keep up the good health by providing your body what it needs to work...food! Check out Mels Kitchen Cafe for a new crock pot recipe!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
So glad you are trying the vitamin C and it is helping. I would never have thought it myself but it does seem to work. I am so glad you posted so I can keep up with you. Let me know how nursing school is going but don't scare me into changing my mind. Glad you are doing so well. We miss you. Love, Vanessa

Brooklet said...

With fall in the air, (well kinda, Alabama fall is pretty late getting here), I always think of my fall semesters at college- always so much fun. I am so excited for you that you are back in the swing of things with college, roommates, studying, and all that good stuff. Good luck this semester, and remember to spend a little time having fun (because college is not all studying).

Anonymous said...

LINDSEY!

Anna and I miss you:) Great to hear you are doing well. Happy to hear that you were able to spend much time together with your family before you had to leave for college. It sure is nice to have your big brother close by. Looks like you are quite the busy beaver at school. Hopefully you will have time for yourself to just chill. Let us know when you are coming to Memphis. May God bless you and protect you. Thank you for your prayers to Anna and our family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you too. WE LOVE YOU<3


Ann Marie

Anonymous said...

LINDSEY!

Anna and I miss you:) Great to hear you are doing well. Happy to hear that you were able to spend much time together with your family before you had to leave for college. It sure is nice to have your big brother close by. Looks like you are quite the busy beaver at school. Hopefully you will have time for yourself to just chill. Let us know when you are coming to Memphis. May God bless you and protect you. Thank you for your prayers to Anna and our family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you too. WE LOVE YOU<3


Ann Marie

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,

Yep thats me. The dont know what im doing again, type it once and lost it, then type again and post twice:) I was going to delete it but couldnt. You probably can from your end. Sorry, just means that we love you twice as much:)

Anonymous said...

OOOPPS! Didnt sign it, but you probably already know its from me. Gotta laugh LOL

Ann Marie

M said...

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal and you are enjoying your life. Nice to see photos of your parents on this post. You look healthy, by the way. Have a good year!

Melissa Bryant