Monday, February 7, 2011

Just Keep Going....Almost There!!

I am finally back on here! I have been wanting to update my blog, but have had not time. When I thought about updating it, I felt guilty that I should be doing work. But, here I am for a quick update on things.

I am about a month into this semester which is my last semester in the nursing program for my associates!! I am so excited!! After such a long hiatus and a tough start to the semester, I am so ready to be DONE! Well almost done..I plan to return this fall for my bachelors, but I have heard that it is so easier. So, I will be done with the most vigorous part...or hopefully.

I didn't know the term busy until I started this semester that is for sure! I have this fear that I am going to forget an assignment since it feels like a have thousand assignments due each day and multiple test each week. I have finally come to understand and implement what my dad always tells me, "Take it one day at a time."I have come to love this phrase. I stress so much less and things still seem to get done.

This past week in my nursing class we started talking about graduation details! It is so exciting to finally hear the word...graduation. We took our class picture, talked about the ceremony, tickets etc. I have about 2 months left till April 8th when it's the big day!

My health continues to do well. I have not been sick which is such a blessing for multiple reasons, but for now cause I don't have time to be sick! I am surviving the winter up here. After it being in the negatives most of last week, I am so looking forward to spring and summer! Oh to see the sun, so needless to say I am looking forward to our family beach trip this summer!! I have great roommates that are so sweet. I relax and and enjoy our Friday nights together going ice skating, concerts, game nights, dinner parties etc.

Ice Skating with all but one of my roommates. Finally learned the correct way to skate and can cross it off my bucket list!
Side picture:Our Family Christmas picture!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are doing so well!

Job and Rachael said...

It is so fun to have an update, it sounds like you are doing well! Good luck with finishing up! Seriously, just imagining graduation is what got me through the last weeks haha :) And I just graduated from Bachelors and it is a lot easier. So the hard stuff is almost over! Our semester still considers you part of our group and we love you so much, and I am sure the group you are with now feels the same way. So there are a lot of people rooting for you and that are so proud of you graduating!! :)

Melissa Hodgen said...

You're sooooo close. You can do it!

I'm so glad that you haven't been sick. Just make sure to be extra careful during finals. The stress is what's get's ya.

You look wonderful! And ice skating! I like to hear that you take a break from the books every now and then.

Beach baby! Shannon wants U, aubs and her in the bunk beds. Maybe she and aubs can take the bottom.

Love you! Happy Valentine Day!

Anonymous said...

you look great, love that pink jacket, didn't I suggest that for idaho?