Friday, July 8, 2011

Buckle up & hold on as I play catch up!

How to make up for my lack of blogging for over 4 months? It's going to be hard, so get ready for picture overload as I recount the past packed full months.

I survived my last semester of nursing school for my associates. I graduated in April!! My parents came to Idaho for it and it was a blast having them there. Friday night was my pinning ceremony and Saturday was graduation. We all stayed up late Friday night visiting, packing, cleaning, so come Saturday morning we were dead tired. By the end of the ceremony on Saturday, I was over graduating and ready for sleep!! I looked to disgusting in my graduation pictures so the only picture is of me from a far distance getting my diploma.


A week after graduation, I had a St. Jude check-up. I love my visits because I get to see all my friends! We ran into our Christina and Julia from Bolivia who were back for a check-up at the same time! That was a nice surprise to see them!! We look forward to seeing Ann Marie and Anna at the Target house each visit!! Anna's hair has started to come back in and it looks so pretty!! Anna is such a trooper and such a strong girl!
After St. Jude my immediate family went to Hawaii to celebrate my graduation!! I have never been and it was awesome!! I loved every minute minus the plane ride there-wish it was closer so I could go all the time. We did an assortment of activities there-hiked to green and black sand beaches, secluded beaches, saw several waterfalls, went down watersides, to farmers markets, botanical gardens, etc. It was so beautiful there and I can't wait to go back some day!


After Hawaii, I took the state boards to be licensed as a nurse. It was one of the most nerve racking experiences and I was sure I failed. I think I cried for like 2 days while I waited for the results and miraculously, I PASSED!!! I will never let my license expire, so I don't have to take that test ever again!!

Several weeks later, my entire family went to Rosemary Beach! It was awesome to have everyone together. I was so sad to realize at the end of the week we hadn't taken many pictures. I love pictures as they help bring back memories for me. (My goal is to take more pictures of the rest of the summer!)

My nephew Adam-Batman to the rescue!!
Jumping the waves with my niece Aubrey
Shannon and I-I know your jealous of my deformed wet hat-just get it thrown in the pool/ocean several times

I was home for 3 days from the beach when I headed out for my last adventure for summer. I went to St.Jude for my post 2 year transplant check-up! I can't believe it has been 2 years already! I had 3 days of testing where basically they look at every body system etc. This meant I went to various departments having the test done like EKG, MRI, CT, Eye clinic,etc. I LOVED seeing so many old nurses, doctors, and friends. Everywhere I went, I saw someone I knew...it was great! So instead of the 3 days being long and boring, I had a blast. Ha, never thought I'd say a hospital would be a place where I'd have a blast, but St. Jude is one awesome place! My nieces and nephews also came with to Memphis, so they stopped bye several times a day to see me as I ran from one appt. to another. At the end of the 3 days came the best news ever! My immune system has finally recovered completely! I can now go off my low bacteria diet, several prophylactic meds, and resume life back to normal. To celebrate the first thing I ate was a fruit salad full of bacteria---haa just kidding-grapes, blueberries, strawberries, and peaches-all of which I have not had for the past 2 years! Tomorrow I will have a salad since I haven't had lettuce in a long time too!
Dr. Pui, my leukemia doctor before a was switched to the transplant clinic.

8 comments:

C said...

Lindsey you are aweomse!Congrats on passing. It looks like you are having a fun summer! Miss seeing you here though.

Allison said...

Lindsey you look so good! I knew you would pass your test and that fruit looks delicious! I'm so happy that things are going well for you and can't wait to see what adventure you have next! :)

Pink Hat Kayla G. said...

awesome !!

Alyssa & Rick said...

Linds! I'm glad you're doing so well! Congrats on passing your test! That is awesome :) I'm excited that you'll be in Provo! Woot Woot! Love you! <3

Danielle said...

I'm so happy for you Lindsey! I can't believe it's been that long either. Thanks for keeping us posted :)

Bela said...

I'm so proud of you, girl!
Love you!

DeeAnna said...

Oh so fun and congratulations and all that stuff! :) I miss seeing you all the time lady. We need to figure out a good time for a nursing reunion and get all us gals back together for a lunch date or something... we had some good times for sure, and that would be fun. But in the meantime I am glad we are blogging buddies! At least I can "see" you this way!

Araksya Kennard said...

Lindsey, we are SO happy for you and your family! And congratulations on becoming a licensed nurse!