Monday, April 13, 2009

It Happened...

Saturday morning I ran a fever and had to be admitted. They found out I have bacteria in my blood…no clue how this happened other than I’ve had a resistance to infection of 0, so anything is possible. With general antibiotics, my fever went away and I feel just fine. I’m still in the hospital waiting to find out exactly what bacteria are growing in me. Once they know that, they can target which antibiotic is most effective and hopefully send me home with a supply. My resistance to infection is now 100! I’m moving on up slowly :) Wednesday, I get chemo again, which will knock it back down. These 2 days of seeing something other than 0 were sure great!
A side note on the hair…it’s going fast! Since I’ve been lying in bed and moving my head around, it stimulates it to fall out faster (or so it seems). I’m now the master at cleaning hair off my bed…the key is several wide strips of tape. I’m to the point that I want it all gone because it makes such a mess and gets over everything!






(<--The part gets wider) (little patch-->)

22 comments:

Ramblings from the Wrights said...

Lindsey,
There is always a smile on your face and you always seem to find the silver lining. You are an inspiration to many.

Shila Wright

Rebekah said...

Dang bacteria! But I'm glad you're seeing your count go up. I'm glad to see you're still smiling! Keep it up!!

Pitcherpost said...

I'll be seeing you tomorrow! Maybe even before you read this. We need to get Zach's grandpa out to see you and rub your bald patch again.

Anonymous said...

Man! You're such a good example to me! I don't know if I'd be smiling if I was going through everything you were! Thanks for still letting your light shine bright. :)

Bela said...

Shucks, Lindsey! I love you.

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...

You are awesome, Girl!!! Keep on smiling! :)

Tina said...

Sorry. Somehow I posted the same comment 6 times. :P

Pitcherpost said...

Hey Lindsey,
I'm so impressed that you managed to stay out of the hospital for this long. It's a testament to your anti bac regiment. I also think living with all those girls at BYU helped too.
Sorry about the hair, but remember, you will be my budda to rub for good luck. Then, when it comes back, I can rub the baby soft hair to keep me from mourning all the times I've cut Adam's hair already. But, remember where you are...Memphis. There are so many times that I said I wanted to shave my head because it was SO HOT.
We miss you so much and can't wait to take you back to Rosemary and show you all the fun places because this place is just as cute as you.
Love you!

Danielle said...

You've inspired me to buzz off all Mckenzie's hair when she gets back in the burg. I can totally get in through her window :) Love you Linds! Keep on smiling!

celeste said...

Love you Lindsey!

Cathy said...

Hi Lindsey,

Just figured out how to work this thing. Love you---miss you---think of you and pray for you daily. Enjoyed seeing your mom this week, I really miss her too. Sending love also from Neil and Alex.

Love, Cathy

Judy said...

Lindsey, so sorry that you are going through this again. You are a beautiful girl with a beautiful spirit. You have tons of support and many people who love you and are praying for you, including me. Please give your mom a hug from me. I will be keeping up with your progress.
Much love,
Judy Tatanish

M said...

You are heroic. We're thinking of you. Melissa Bryant

Unknown said...

Shave it Lindsey! I think women with shaved heads ROCK!!!! And as everyone has already said...you are always smiling. I just love you and your whole family. What incredible saints and examples you all are to me and my family.thank you for sharing with us.

Nancy said...

Lindsey, we've been following your blog and your hair looks great at any length and you are also so cute without your hair. I thinks its because of your beautiful smile and fun personality. Sorry about the bacteria. We love you Lindsey and are very thankful for the influence of your entire family.
Love you! Nancy Cooley

noelle said...

look at that beautiful smile. :) you're amazing.

Rachel said...

you're so cute. I love your optimism and humor in this trying time. I am a friend of Melanie's and have heard so much about you over the years. She thinks so highly of you and I can see why. You're truly inspiring!!