Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Live and Learn

The first time I went through treatment in 1999, my hair was very long. As it fell out, the strands just ended up knotting together. Pretty soon, I developed a big hair mess. So, the second time through treatment, I cut my hair short to prevent his issue. Yesterday, I did it once again. I planned on doing an “ A-line” hairstyle, which would make the length perfect. Well, my hair dresser had a different idea, was determined to do it and took over......

Well, I can say I've tried a new style and know what not to do next time. Hey and the good part, I only have to live with it for around 3 weeks and then I can start over.


(My "locks for love" donation-weird to see it drying out)

20 comments:

Bela said...

Lindsey, I love it! Seriously, it looks great on you! You may want to think about keeping it that way when it starts growing again!

Melissa Hodgen said...

You're SO SASSY! I love it. We all know the sweet side of you, but I like how this shows off your determined, strong, and fun loving side. I can't wait to see in person!

BiblioBags said...

I love the haircut, too!

celeste said...

As Emilee's kindergarten teacher used to say,"Too cute for shoes". Southern translation, "It's adorable". Short, long, or in between, your eyes and smile always shine through. Love and hugs!

audrey said...

ooh i've always wanted to try short hair--but i never thought i could pull it off. you look FABULOUS! do you feel lighter?? : )

Pitcherpost said...

Lindsey, you'd look cute in any hairstyle! But I'll have to rock the boat and admit I giggled a little when I saw the picture of your haircut. Love you!

McKenzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McKenzie said...

:) you still look cute, you pull this style off well, and now you'll know just for the future, like when your an old lady and chop all your hair off:) but i mean that in the nicest way of course because you dont have any wrinkles or look even close to a grandma in this picture :D love ya lindsey

The Friday's said...

Lindsey, I think that you look adorable.I used to wear my hair short like that-when I was younger-that is.Young people with great eyes & skin look great with short hair and you do. Love you, Judy Friday

Sarah Touse said...

Hey Lindsey,
I think your hair looks great! I know that it's been a long while since I've seen you (thanks to my lovely parents who moved my family to Arkansas- ew!), but I'm thinking about you and plan to check this blog regularly. Good luck with your treatments in the coming weeks- if anyone can make it through another round of this with the smile still on her face, it's you!

Unknown said...

Your hair looks really cute short! Sorry to hear about whats going on. But it looks like you are having lots of support! Your in my prayers!

Ashley Babb said...

Lindsey-I love you sooooooo much, and your hair is truly and wonderfully FABULOUS. It really brings out your beautiful eyes! :) You're gorgeous. I have been praying for you and thinking about you every single day. You are the most amazing person. If you ever want to talk, you know my number. I love you!!!!

Ramblings from the Wrights said...

Lindsey,
Your attitude it tremendous. Keep smiling. You are in our prayers.

Shila Wright

Maycock Family said...

Lindsey.... You are such an awesome person! You are in our prayers!! Addi saw your picture the other day and wanted to know when you were going to come and do some puzzles together. Good luck! Love, The Maycocks (Melanie's sister-in-law)

kajohnson said...

Lindsey,
This is Kara (Zach's older sister), I just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers! You are one outstanding person! LUV the haircut!

Unknown said...

I love it! It's really cute!

Jill Yetter said...

It looks wonderful Lindsey and such a hefty donation to Locks of Love. The weather today here is sunny and a little cool. I guess that the week coming is going to be downright cold! Take care and your stylist, even though he has no hair certainly cut your hair in a complimentary way.

Rebekah said...

You look great with long hair and with short hair! That's pretty convenient!

Terry and Janelle said...

Hi Lindsey! Your new "do" looks good on you-but we think you'd look cute no matter what! You nad your family are in our prayers.
Love, Janelle

Sophie said...

Hi Lindsey-
Each time your hair seems to come back even better than before! Is chemo known for this or is that just something special just for you! Lara & Sophie