In case your curious about how I’ve been doing since the transplant-I’m doing fabulous (knock on wood)! I’ve been feeling good and avoiding the major problems that most of the patients experience. I honestly have nothing to complain about.(well maybe the expected boredom issue and seeing only my room and the halls for 3 weeks and counting) But, todays blood work shows that my marrow is slowly starting to work!
Most people ask what I did that day…my response is always the same couple of lame things.
Well Friday, I had an exciting change! Thursday we were notified that a celebrity was coming the next day and wanted the ok for them to come visit. HECK YA. Right away we started exploring who this celebrity could be. My mom remembered a billboard advertising a Keith Urban concert in Memphis on Friday. Surly it had to be him…but they wouldn’t tell us who until 1 hr before. Each hour I got more excited with the possibility of MEETING KEITH URBAN! But what if we were wrong, could I disguise my disappointment when someone else walked in? Brace yourself for this…Look who gave me 2 hugs (his cologne smelled so amazing that if my germ freak environment didn’t get in the way, I would still be wearing that same shirt). He sat on my bed (need to frame the precious sheets), and talked with my family and I. He is so down to earth, nice, and you could tell he honestly wanted to be at St. Jude. He even ignored his assistant who was trying to get him to go back to rehearsal to write me a note and get pictures. I was a fan before, but now that I know what he’s like in person and how caring he is, I’m a BIG fan!
(come on Linds--step a little closer--bridge the gap) (thanks Zach for watching Aubrey so Mel could be here)



16 comments:
Lindsey, Wow, so good to see you on Friday. you look amazing & I just loved seeing you. What good news about your marrow & Keith Urban.... Don't make Nicole jealous now. We'll be back your way in a few weeks & I'll be over again if I'm allowed . Love you , Girl, Sis. Friday
Wow I am so jealous! Keith Urban! Wow and now i like him even more! What an awesome guy. Good to know you are feeling somewhat better! You are in my prayers.
Keith Urban!! Holy Cow!!! He's so amazing! I LOVE his music!! Dang girl! That's a pretty fun day if you ask me! I'm glad your doing well and hosting celebrity get-togethers in your apartment. :)
Lindsey, that is so cool! Talk about exciting! I'm glad to hear everything is going well for you. You are amazing!!!
Did Melanie get anything signed by Keith? Glad you are doing so well :) (Kara-Zach's sister)
wow!! so cool. and he's really cute too :) I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and the marrow is working. YEAH!!
Rachel (friend of Mel)
Hey Thats great ...
Thats so cool
I wish i was there to meet him.
I pray for you ...
Love Kayla Cabrera
Hi, Lindsey! I'm glad you are doing so well. You look great. I've been meaning to write, but...
Anyway, lucky you! If you've got to be stuck in the hospital for a million years, a visit and a hug from Keith Urban is (almost) worth it. He's quite the hottie! I love his music. From what I can see in the photos, it looks like he actually shaved for you!
I wonder if Melissa is going to be jealous. I mean, SHE donates the marrow and Melanie gets to hang out with Keith Urban. Just seems so unfair somehow. LOL (Hey Mel. You look a little too happy in that photo.)
Anyhoo, I'm SO glad you're doing well. You're the only chemo patient I've ever met that keeps their hair. That's just one of the many amazing things about you.
Gotta go. Love, Teresa (Taylor)
Way to go lucky girl!!! Those pictures are too cute :-) Glad the marrow seems to be working - keep it up!
Always praying for you,
Christie
I love this post! So hilarious!
That is so great that the marrow is working!
Oh yeah, Keith Urban is pretty great, too. :)
Glad you're doing so well!
Wow! that is pretty awesome! I am now a big fan of Keith Urban- he sounds like a good guy! Glad to hear you are doing well after your transplant- keep it up!
So glad that you got a visitor that wasn't related to you, finally! And what a way to start. Although he is a bit shorter than I had pictured. I can't believe I missed it! Call me if Josh Grobin comes.
so fun!!! : ) did you hum him one of his songs? jk : )
you look fabulous, lindsey!! you have the best smile. all you gruwells have camera-perfect smiles : )
so glad you're doing well these days.
Goodness, girl! can I say CUTE???!!! How old is he? He´s he married? did he leave his number?
Good to see you in good spirits, dear!
How LUCKY are you??? That is so cool!
I am glad things are going smoothly!!!
Post a Comment