I’m breakin’ free, I’m soarin’, flyin’…
After 1 month and 2 days(but who’s counting?), I’m finally busting outa here! The told me I was a poster child for transplant. My 1st week consisted of conditioning before transplant. 2-4th week consisted of waiting for my bone marrow to come in. Normally, patients stay 4-6 wks afterwards. See ya room 7, you were good to me and got me outa there in record time-3 weeks! I think 7 might have to be my lucky number now. Guess this calls for another party!
After 1 month and 2 days(but who’s counting?), I’m finally busting outa here! The told me I was a poster child for transplant. My 1st week consisted of conditioning before transplant. 2-4th week consisted of waiting for my bone marrow to come in. Normally, patients stay 4-6 wks afterwards. See ya room 7, you were good to me and got me outa there in record time-3 weeks! I think 7 might have to be my lucky number now. Guess this calls for another party!Bone Marrow Transplant-Extreme Makever St. Jude Style---how cute!
I would’ve kissed the ground if I knew…a) doing so would not give me some kind of bacteria and send me right back in with a fever b) I actually had a strong immune system c)I wasn’t such a germ fanatic. So, this kiss will just have to work.
(Sorry, it looks like I'm barffing, but it wasn't meant to be that way)
(Sorry, it looks like I'm barffing, but it wasn't meant to be that way)What I won’t miss:
*vital signs every 4 hrs=more sleep at night
*only seeing the same 4 walls and the hall
*the food: it’s pretty good(compared to other hospitals), but eating off a menu that has about 15 *meal options gets OLD! Thank goodness for home cooking!
*the hepa filter above my bed that made my eyes dry out each morning & my nose clog up
What I will miss:
*My Hepa filter above my bed(we have a love hate relationship). Ohh how it makes me feel like the air is clean and nothing can touch me!
*How clean and simple my room was. Now everywhere I go, will be germ city!
*Most of all-the fabulous, wonderful, amazing, caring nurses! 
I just wish I could've said bye to all the night & weekend nurses-they were all so sweet.


16 comments:
Lindsey- that is so awesome! Enjoy being home!
Kara
Wow, Baby!!!!!! See ya in Memphis. Love Sis. Friday
Hope you're enjoying the fresh air (through your mask). Although the filter was great, it too made me cough, then fear that I looked like I was sick and would get kicked out.
I wonder if you will wake up at night, just out of habit, expecting some nurse to check your temp.
Keep up the fluid intake and sit back and watch your parents clean your room. Wow, isn't that unique...having your parents clean up after you instead of them coming into our bedrooms Saturday morning singing the BYU fight song (rise and shout the cougars are out...) and telling us to get up and be productive. Relish these moments.
Love you Linds and am so proud of your progress.
Hey Lindsey Thats great...
Im praying for you ...
Love You
Kayla Cabrera
Yay!!! Way to go! I love the great new. Keep up the amazing progress. You're awesome.
Yay!!! I'm so happy for you! Love you Linds!
Woo Hoo!!!!! On The Road Again!! Fantastic news Lindsey. And what a great farewell from the staff.
I love the barfing picture. ;)
Congratulations!
YEAH!! I am so glad to hear you're out of there!!
HI LINDSEY
WAY TO GO GIRL !!CONGRATULATIONS COULD HAPPEN TO A NICE PERSON ,LOVE YOU,XOXOXO
SISTER VAN
Going home!! You have been very patient and with a great attitude. Have fun!
Whoohoo! Finally breaking out! Enjoy your new freedom.
yay I am so excited for you I hope to here from you again soon!!!!!!!!!!!! :) <3 sophie
I'm practicing up on my mad skipbo skills, you better be ready.
Yay! Go get yourself some soft tacos! I'm so happy for you dear!!!!!!
That is such exciting news! I'm so happy for you. Love the t-shirt. Wear it proudly! Love, Teresa
Post a Comment