Monday, I finished my last dose of chemo ever!
Friday, I finished my last round of radiation ever!
Friday, I got my first and final bone marrow transplant!
Now, I’m prepared to say, No More Cancer ever!

On Tuesday, I started radiation for the first time. I didn’t think I could handle it because they strap you in(from head to toe), turn you on your side, and leave you there for 20 minutes while they radiate. But, I was able to listen to music and actually found myself taking a short nap. So, it really wasn’t that bad.


After 8 rounds of radiation, I was ready for Melissa’s marrow. They were able to get a good amount of cells from her! It was so weird but great to finally see the bone marrow that I’ve been preparing to receive for months! It looks just like a blood transfusion and took 3 hours to infuse. Prior to the transfusion, they hooked my up to monitors and gave me Benadryl, which is not my buddy. That stuff zonks me out. So, I slept through it. ALL These pictures were taken right before I went to bed for 12 hours. (my point exactly)

Everything went well and Melissa is doing well. See Melissa’s blog for her recap of the day! (Refer to list on right side of this blog and click on “Steve and Melissa”). Now it is a waiting game for the bone marrow to seep into my bones and start producing. This is expected to take 3 weeks. Once this happens and my blood work looks good, I can be discharged from the hospital and return to the Target House. 


17 comments:
Hi Lindsey, I'm a friend of Daniel and I just wanted to tell you how happy I'm to hear that the transplant went well! You have been in my prayers these last few weeks and I'm just in awe of your wonderful spirit and attitude during this difficult experience. I hope you will get to return to your normal life soon and continue to do wonderful things!
Holy Cow! You are such a trooper! Wow. I just think the technology is incredible. Let's hope it keeps getting better and better! I glad everything went well. You look amazing in all your pictures! How do you do it?! And your big sis is awesome. Goodbye cancer! :)
Lindsey-
I am so full of joy to hear that you are recovering. You have such a positive attitude throughout all of this that just minimizes all my problems. I'm thinking of you over the next 3 weeks and can't wait to hear the good news that you are feeling better!
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalm 51:12
By the way, this is Lizzy Gregory. I'm free to talk whenever you'd like to. (706) 537-6188.
Congrats, Lindsey! We're all still praying for you.
Congratulations Lindsey- I'm so glad the transplant went well! Say hi to the whole family, and know that the Leavens family is praying for you!
~Christie
Day 21 baby! Can't wait to see me take over in total domination! But lay of the benadryl kid, it's no fun to have you so snowed.
Love ya Linds!! I'm glad to hear it all went well!
Lindsey - keep fighting and continue on with the positive attitude that I have know you to have all of these years. My wife, kids and I continue to keep you in our prayers.
May these next 3 weeks be productive and re-energizing.
Take care and God bless you - Mr. Zeller
I have always had an enormous respect for how you have handled this challenge, but I will have to admit you have reached the top of my respect meter now!
Wanted you to know I am thinking of you and have you in my prayers.
Mr. Tucker
Lindsey, I am so happy that things are proceeding in a positive way. Paige was so happy to see you. Sorry that I didn't get by but I was sick for 7 days with a stomach thing and did not want to get anywhere near you or your Mom or Dad.Logan & I will be back next week & if I am healthy Fred & I will be over to see you. Can't wait. Love you tons. Judy
Lindsey,that is so exciting and I bet the best feeling you could possibly have. I hope everything else goes as planned which I am pretty sure the will. Keep Fighting!!!
I hope all is well, you know you have tons of prayers and support. I know the lord is mindful of you and your fam. Rest lots and I hope you get better soon!
"On the Road Again!" I am praying for a quick and successful recovery for you Lindsey. We are always thinking of you and your family!
Your family is a great team. Keep up the faith!
Wow, sounds like you are doing really well. I am so happy for you. I just had my surgery a few weeks ago and am now in the process of learning to walk again. Its difficult but I will get there.I have 11 more chemos to go and so excited for the very last one! Hope you have a good week.
sending warm, healing thoughts and prayers your way. you're a rock star, girl. amazing.
Post a Comment