Thursday, July 2, 2009

"Freedom" is Fantastic

I’ve been out of the hospital a 1 ½ weeks and it feels great to be free. I’m still very restricted to where I can go(basically our apt and St. Jude), but it’s great to walk outside, feel the sun, drive in the car, eat home cooked meals, finally see my nieces/nephew, go to my appts, and come home. Remember when my appts used to be 5 hrs + and I went every day? Well, now my appts are only 3 hrs long and I only go 2 -3 times a week! I’m feeling great each day and having zero complications thus far!

I actually have free time each day! Some days are more; some are less due to appts. I can get things done now like finish my last class from last semester, hang out with my sister and her family that recently moved to Memphis, exercise, cook, read, and have my sister show me how to sew another one of these bags :)

They did a procedure the other day to look at my bone marrow. My marrow has 100% donor cells and no leukemia present. Way to go Melissa, get in there and kick some trash! Could I now potentially be a twin?! So, the news all around is great right now! I hope I just keep up this good progress.
(see any similaries between us? Maybe the chin, eyes, and cheeks?)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats Great .. Hope you have a great Independence Day ..

I love and miss you ..

Love Kayla Cabrera

Rebekah said...

Great news, Cute bags, and,yes, you look a lot like BOTH your sisters!! :)

Have a great 4th of July weekend! <3 <3 <3

Jillybins said...

Keep on going down that road to freedom girl! Sounds like you are breaking free and breaking new ground! You certainly are blood sisters now. Keep up the good work LIndsey and enjoy the sun and life! Good luck on finishing your class! :) Jill yetter

Unknown said...

WooHOo!!! That is AWESOME!
And I love the bag. So talented you all are.

M said...

It sounds like you don't take anything for granted. You're so appreciative. Isn't it great to have such close sisters? Take care.

celeste said...

Hooray for freedom and feelin fine!
Hooray for family and especially sisters! At 100% Melissa marrow, you'll have to let us know if you start craving things only Melissa would like, or develop some new Melissa skills or interests. (Do you have the sudden urge to browse Williams-Sonoma?) Wouldn't that be funny! Hugs and happy 4th of July to you all!

The Friday's said...

Happy Independence Day- Way to go Lindsey & Melissa !! See you in M town soon. Love, Judy Friday

Dana said...

Yea for feeling free again! I hope that it continues. Of course you'll know if your Melissa's twin when you crave mexican food. I'll send you some cafe rio to be sure. And everyone knows Mel's cells would kick butt, just look at her she's super woman!

BiblioBags said...

Yay! So glad you're doing well!

Melissa Hodgen said...

I'm guessing your eyes won't turn brown though.

Super cute bag! Very impressed by your recently aquired homemaking skills. Do I see a future enrichment leader? I think so.

I'm so proud of your progress but even more proud of your attitude throughout this entire process. Who knew I would look up to my little sis (it's easier since you are also TALLER than me) But seriously Linds, I'm so fortunate to have you in my life.

I miss you and can't wait to see you this weekend! Enjoy the freedom and stretch out those skipbo muscles because Melissa is comin' to town and ready to dethrown the champ.

noelle said...

yay for sisters. i love you all.

Hamblin Family said...

Hey your blog is awesome! It is great to see pictures of you Outside of St.Jude's and before all of this has happened to you. Hopefully we will see you at the dinner.
Shana & Devree