So, I've reach my halfway point in my 100 days journey till I can return home. I'm 50 post-transplant. Just another 50 days, and then I can hopefully return home. Ohh my house, my bed, a bigger place to live, and I have everything I need(well almost).
I go to get something and forget that it's back home or with my all stuff out at college. I was out at college with everything I needed. I found on a Monday that I relapsed and was flying to St. Jude at 5am the next morning. I had to fill out forms for a medical deferment, talk with teachers etc, and then at 10 pm I started packing. What in the world do I pack in just one suitcase? Well, since I was in freezing ID, and knew that TN was HOT, I packed my summer stuff first(frankly that was all that I was thinking about..warmth!).
(luckly me- to fit my low bacteria diet I blanch my tomatoes and peal the skin off!) Now I think, OK good thinking since it's 98 degrees + humidity here, but what about when winter comes and not to mention, I'm freezing everywhere I go due to my bald held. I don't even know what I was thinking, I had a small duffel bag, why didn't I fill it up too...duh? So, we're going to UPS some of my stuff back..sorry mom/dad for not thinking that one through while packing. 
OK, sorry for the major detour. Right now, the doctors are keeping a close eye on me. I know a boy that had his transplant over a year ago, and is still here. He's had one complication after another. I just keep thinking, I'm doing great, feeling good, having no problems, can I go home early??!! Well, the doctor hasn't been too keen on that idea, but once we get closer to day 100, we can judge things better. So, Signal Mtn/Chattanooga, hopefully you'll see me home on Sept 6!
10 comments:
Day 50! You are doing amazing. But, we are praying the lovonox shots gets the boot.
You'll have to show me the proper way to blanch a tomato. Never done it.
Give yourself a little slack. With all the madness of deferment and a possible relaps, who would think, "Oh, these wool socks are really nice. I might need them in 8 months?"
Congrats Lindsey on staying in the clear. I guess if you compare yourself to the poor chap who had a transplant and is still there after a year a 100 days is not long at all! Keep up the good work and it will still be quite warm here on September 6th. It will be nice to see you in southeast Tennessee again. :) Jill Yetter
Congrats on making it halfway! We all miss you and are excited to have you back very soon.
Lindsey, it's great to hear an update on how you're doing...halfway there, that's soooo wonderful!!! :) I am so excited for you to be able to be home again. I love seeing your updates...you are so amazing! Your bright personality never ceases to amaze me. I love you and am thinking and praying for you as always. I can't wait to see you when you get home! If you ever need to talk, I'm only a phone call away.
-Ashley B
Thats great Lindsey ... 50 DAYS thats awsome ... Hope to see u soon ...
You are in my throughs and prayers ...
Love ya
That's awesome!! I bet you are so ready to go home. Keep it up!
I can't believe you love tomatoes!! YUCK! :) You're lucky, they are so good for you and I wish they didn't make me gag but I can not eat tomatoes plain!
And I love your picture in the snow with all your friends...super cute!
Good luck with everything! You're amazing!
That's great. :)
I'm so happy you're doing well.
I went and saw Harry Potter 6 last week and I remembered when we all went and saw HP 5 when we were at Freshman Academy 2 years ago! Man, where has the time gone?!
I'm impressed your produce made it. I brought fresh blackberries to NYC for my brother and wasn't so lucky. I arrived with blackberry juice all over my clothes, it was terrible!
We've marked our calendar with your arrival and are keeping our fingers crossed! Thanks for the count down!
The Caughmans
Lindsey, Glad to hear that you're doing so well. We will be there in Memphis on 8-3. See you in a week or so. Love you, Judy Friday
add our family as another one w/ sept 6 marked on our calendar as a day to look fwd to!! can't wait to have some of that happiness that you exhude added to our branch and town!!
love,
the buchheit's
Post a Comment