I had my monthly appt. at St. Jude last week. The main thing that I watch in my blood work is my t-cells. All the other blood work is equally important, but I most enjoy/despise looking at my t-cell count. Remember that my t cells are my ticket to freedom. Each month, I just hope that I see some improvement. Since I've been put on steroids and immune suppressants, I knew the count would go down. I just didn't realize how far DOWN they would go. I thought(or maybe I just heard what I wanted) my doctor said they would go down and come back up a little, even while on the suppressants. Well, this is not the case as they seemed to down, down, down...
Last month the count was 190, this month...130. Fabulous! That may not seem like a big decrease, but every number makes a difference in this case. The highest I've ever been was 230 and from their things went downhill. I wish their was some kind of food I could eat to help boost my t-cells. That would be sweet! Like if chocolate did the trick, my count would be through the roof.
Remember my post titled, "extremes of appetite" where I went through months of not wanting anything sweet, esp chocolate. In that post I said "Maybe I should just not eat sweets from here on out??" I though this would be good for me, since I eat way too many sweets.....like go overboard. Little by little, I started to eat desserts. Now, I love them...oh man, I've been missing out(although still not that fond of ice cream..I know, get out of here!). I've decided that if it makes me happy to a chocolate chip cookie, fruit pie or gummies, than eat away! Maybe I'll pretend that all the gummies and chocolate I eat is for a medical purpose!
1 comment:
i've been praying for that t-cell count. let's keep our fingers crossed for the next test - they're going to go up, I can feel it!
And you are crazy, you don't eat that many desserts. At least not in comparision to me :)
Post a Comment