Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Birthday Surprise

Last Friday, April 30th I became, "one year older and wiser too"..haa not! How old you ask....10 years old(I wish!) :) When I was younger, I remember adults saying birthdays weren't as fun any more because they keep getting older. I couldn't believe that someone could say such a thing..I mean birthdays were the best thing. How could you go wrong moving on up in age and having a special day full of cake, friends, presents, and parties! They still are great, but once I hit 18 I wanted to stay that age and not get older. My issue comes down to the fact that I have to tell people I'm 21 when I act like I'm 10. But like my brother said, There is a saying "You are only young once, but you can be immature forever. I agree with this. I don't mean to say this justifies being a brat or acting like a child, but a lot of times a child's perspective one life is the best. I miss the age where everyone at school was basically friends, were the simplest things like a sandbox amazed me for hours. I think that is a great thing about kids." So true Daniel.

Anyway, for my b-day my mom, with the help of my friends Lauren, Whitney and her mom arranged a surprise b-day for me. It was so fun and they did a great job with the theme...margaritas but of course in my religion we don't drink alcohol, so they made up mocktails. One thing for sure that is not really a good thing that I have running for me is that I am gullible and oblivious at times. My mom had made several trips to the mall that week and when I mentioned it to my sister, she said, "well maybe she's just buying somethings my sister asked her to get." oh, answers works for me. Also, Whitney called the week before and invited me to a girls night out. Lauren and Whitney picked me up and we went to Whitney's house. I walked in oblivious to the b-day sign in front of me. When everyone yelled surprise, for some reason I threw my friend Lauren in front of me..maybe to protect me? Anyway, it was a great night.

(All the letters were up, but by the time of took the pic, they had fallen down)

(Whitney and Lauren-aka the bar tenders)


(the list of drinks to order from)


(most of the group-never got a group photo..darn)

(playing games, again part of the group is cut out..sorry guys)

2 comments:

Pitcherpost said...

that's so cute! i love the little drink list they made up. I hope you kept one, I might have to copy it one day. How sweet of your friends. I like how you willingly sacrificed lauren when you got surprised :) Happy birthday girl! I wish I could have been there!

M said...

Happy 21st Birthday Year! It's great to have the personality that can be pleasantly surprised...it's more childlike and fun!