Friday, May 14, 2010

Where did this come from?

When I lost my hair when I was nine and fourteen, I knew that it was possible for it to come back a different color, texture, and style. I know someone who originally had brown, straight hair and it came back blond and corkscrew curly. Another person's was originally brown and hers came back red. I just hoped that this did not happen to me because A-I love my dark brown hair B-me as blond, ya no. Well, both times, it came back a little softer, darker, and wavier(although if I blow it dry it ends up being pretty straight). (couple years after I lost it at age 14-taken right before I lost it last year)
This time, I was told that my hair would grow back like my donor's -being my oldest sister. Whew, I was covered. I would have dark wavy hair again. No fret at all. Umm, well not so much right now. Yes, I have the dark brown hair, but the wavy is more like curly. At first, I tried to brush down/calm my hair when I got out of the shower. That just looked terrible. To bad it took me like 3 months to figure that out. Now, I get out of the shower, towel dry it, and that's how it stays...curls and all! For now, it's super easy to do and too short really to do anything with, so I just go with the flow! I'm hoping that as it gets longer, the curls will straighten out some. So, here's to my 4th hair coming in (if you count when I was a baby, then 9 yrs old, 14 yrs, now 20 yrs...hey that's pretty cool to think about :)


(My sisters hair-aka my donor-note in both this pic and the one below, our hair is wet making it look darker)
(My new hair style)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey!

I just wrote you a message and it got lost somewhere. Oh, well. Anyways, I always love reading your updates. I was a little behind on reading a couple of them but now I am up to date. It is always so nice seeing you and your mom and visiting with you two. Anna (and I) loved the beautiful letters you guys made for Anna. (give our thanks to Melanie, too) We put them up right away and it looks wonderful! I hope all is well with you and you are wearing your mask when need be. HA! May God continue to heal you and bless you. We will see ya soon next month.

Ann Marie

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey!

I just wrote you a message and it got lost somewhere. Oh, well. Anyways, I always love reading your updates. I was a little behind on reading a couple of them but now I am up to date. It is always so nice seeing you and your mom and visiting with you two. Anna (and I) loved the beautiful letters you guys made for Anna. (give our thanks to Melanie, too) We put them up right away and it looks wonderful! I hope all is well with you and you are wearing your mask when need be. HA! May God continue to heal you and bless you. We will see ya soon next month.

Ann Marie

Anonymous said...

Ha! Isnt that funny. Lost my first one and now you have two identical ones sent that I rewrote. Its just because you are special Lindsey.

Ann Marie

Pitcherpost said...

I love your new look! I can't wait to see what it looks like long. I think you'll be one of those lucky people who will have gorgeous curly hair, but if you take the time to dry it, you can have straight hair too! So you can have the best of both worlds.

Melissa Hodgen said...

I love it and as Mel said, You rock it! Can't wait to see what it looks like in a few months.

Jana said...

So, you may not remember me. . . Jana. . . had A.L.L. when I was little and my hair grew back red. Was brown. :) So, now you know one more person with random hair. :) (If you don't know who I am and are scared. . . I am one of Melanie's friends). Be scared.