
(saying bye outside the airport)
Our friends, the Hamblin’s, were also living at Target House. We’ve spent many hours with them doing various activities, but mainly just talking. They’re from Nevada, and are members of our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was great to meet a family that we shared something in common. After 5 months of being here, she went home this past Tuesday. It was sad to see them go, but home means things are going well for Devree!!
(saying good-bye right before they left to go home)
As I think about going home, I have mixed feelings. We’ve met so many wonderful families at the Target House. Many still have months left here. Some we know well, others not as well. We see them every day at various activities, dinners, or just in passing. But, when I go home, we’ll lose contact with many of them. It will be sad to leave everyone behind, still going on with their treatment. It is our hope for them to also return home soon, health, and happy.
4 comments:
That was really nice of Chelsea to go see you! She is amazing and so are you. I admire you a lot. :)
Have fun at home. We miss you lots and think of you often. Our house is filled to the gills with people.
Saying bye never gets easier.
For instance, Shannon started bawling when we drove into our garage here in AL because she missed you and didn't want to leave. I said we'd drop her off in Chatt one week for unitterupted time with you someday. That made her happy.
Miss you!
visitors are nice. how sweet! you look SO GOOD in these pics. what a champ.
Post a Comment